NEW F-MAX AIRSPEED DRIVER AND FAIRWAYS ARE COBRA’S LIGHTEST AND MOST FORGIVING CLUB LINEUP, DESIGNED FOR PLAYERS WITH MODERATE SWING SPEEDS
New F-MAX AIRSPEED Family of Woods Become Even Lighter to Maximize Swing Speed and Distance
Carlsbad, Calif. (November 12, 2019) – COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and design, introduced today its newest iteration of its popular F-MAX franchise, offering the company’s lightest, easiest to hit collection of clubs ever. Continuing its focus on weight-savings and forgiveness, COBRA’s new F-MAX AIRSPEED men’s and women’s Drivers and Fairways deliver a new level of lightweight performance, maximizing clubhead speed, distance and forgiveness for players with moderate swing speeds.
The COBRA Golf F-MAX AIRSPEED line is anchored by new and improved Drivers that have been re-engineered with new weight saving technologies. A new Carbon Fiber Crown replaces titanium to save 10-grams of discretionary weight that can be re-distributed low and back in the clubhead to maintain a MOI of 5,000, delivering a clubhead that is 2 grams lighter without sacrificing stability and forgiveness. Additionally, a 5-gram lighter AIRSPEED shaft, and 6-gram lighter, 41g Lamkin midsize grip design yields 11 grams in weight-savings, bringing the total overall weight to an unbelievably light 285 grams – 13 grams lighter than its predecessor. In addition, the F-MAX AIRSPEED Drivers utilize a new PWR Ridge design on the Carbon Fiber Crown to assist with alignment and improved aerodynamics. Straighter, more slice resistant shots, are made easier with internal, back/heel weighting and offset hosel design that delivers higher trajectories. For players who prefer a traditional, square setup at address, the F-MAX AIRPEED Drivers are also available in a straight neck model.
“Not a single aspect of club design was overlooked when we were trying to maximize the weight savings in this line,” said Tom Olsavsky, VP of R&D for COBRA Golf. “We even use an unpainted shaft with clearcoat and a decal design to save two extra grams of weight over a typical painted shaft. That is a perfect illustration of the level of detail than went into making these clubs as lightweight as possible.”
COBRA’s new F-MAX AIRSPEED Fairways employ similar weight-saving innovations as the driver, such as a new lightweight Carbon Crown, and a 5-gram lighter AIRSPEED shaft design. Additionally, a low profile, shallow face design lowers the CG for higher launch while back/heel weighting creates draw bias to help create draw bias trajectory.
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX AIRSPEED Drivers and Fairway Woods are available as stand-alone products or as a part of COBRA’s 13-piece Complete Set. See below for details:
- Men’s F-MAX AIRSPEED Driver ($329) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 40-gram COBRA AIRSPEED shaft in stiff, regular and lite flex. Comes in a sleek black/blue colorway. Player’s choice of offset or straight neck hosel comes standard. Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
- Men’s F-MAX AIRSPEED Fairways ($219) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with AIRSPEED shafts (50-gram in stiff, regular and 45-gram in lite flex,). Comes in a sleek black/blue colorway. Available lofts include 16°, 20° and 23° in right and left-hand.
- Women’s F-MAX AIRSPEED Driver ($329) – Available in offset only in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 40-gram COBRA AIRSPEED shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/lilac colorway and 11.5° (RH only) & 15° of loft (LH/RH).
- Women’s F-MAX AIRSPEED Fairways ($219) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 45-gram AIRSPEED shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/lilac colorway and available lofts include 19°, 23° and 27° in right and left-hand.
COBRA’s F-MAX AIRSPEED clubs are also available in a complete set, an all-in-one package designed for beginning to intermediate golfers that are seeking the perfect, easy to hit set that offers maximum distance and forgiveness. The set comes standard with a premium cart bag, featuring a 14-way top, 9 zippered compartments, a velour-lined valuables pocket, an insulated beverage cooler, and a shoulder strap featuring COOLFlow EVA foam for maximum comfort.
- F-MAX AIRSPEED Men’s Complete Set ($1,299) – The set includes the choice of lite flex, featuring an 11.5° driver, or a regular flex set featuring a 10.5° driver. The standard complete set comes with a Driver, 3W, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA blade putter. Available in right hand only in a black/blue colorway.
- F-MAX AIRSPEED Women’s Complete Set ($1,299) – Comes standard with a premium, full feature cart bag (same features as the men’s version), 15° – ladies flex Driver, 3W, 5W, 7W, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA mallet putter. Available in right-hand only in either a black/lilac or white/copper colorway. *White/copper colorway is only available in the complete set, not as separates.
The F-MAX AIRSPEED drivers, fairways and complete sets are available beginning January 10, 2020 in store and at cobragolf.com.
About COBRA PUMA GOLF
COBRA PUMA GOLF is a corporate division of PUMA SE and combines two strong brands that provide a full range of offerings to the golf industry. COBRA PUMA GOLF is an inclusive company for golfers of all abilities, attitudes and styles who enjoy the game. The portfolio includes COBRA Golf’s high-performance drivers, fairways, hybrids and irons, as well as PUMA Golf’s SportLifestyle including footwear, apparel and accessories to help golfers Look Better. Feel Better. Play Better. Fusing performance and style, COBRA PUMA GOLF brings a focus on innovation, technology, compelling design and superior performance with an edge to the global golf marketplace. COBRA PUMA GOLF is a part of PUMA SE, one of the world’s leading lifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit cobragolf.com and cobragolf.com/pumagolf