Play Acclaimed Links / Quarry Course, Experience Reimagined Inn at Bay Harbor with
‘Endless Summer Special’
Designed by Arthur Hills, the 27-hole club’s Links and Quarry nines have been mainstays in the bi-annual rankings since opening in the mid-1990s. Overlooking Lake Michigan’s Little Traverse Bay,The Links is reminiscent of Ireland’s famous seaside courses. Miles of shoreline form a backdrop of incomparable beauty, with undulating fairways and slick putting surfaces framed by scrub-covered dunes.
Widely heralded as one of the world’s most unlikely locations for golf,The Quarry winds its way through an immense, abandoned shale quarry. Impressive gorges surrounded by stone cliffs, natural ponds and a gentle waterfall are hallmarks.
Panelists remarked: “Hills’ 27-hole creation wows with jaw-dropping holes that skirt Lake Michigan and complements the sizzle with a prime collection of strategic holes that zigzag among trees and rock outcroppings. As visually arresting as the Links holes are at water’s edge, the real drama amps up on the Quarry, which must be carried, or considered, on nearly every hole.”
“We’re humbled by Bay Harbor’s long-standing recognition from GOLF Magazine’s course ratings panel,” says Bernie Friedrich, Boyne Resorts’ senior vice president of golf and resort sales. “The uniqueness of Bay Harbor Golf Club’s three nines have stood the test of time and provides each golfer who plays with a truly one-of-a-kind experience.”
With the leaves turning and summer crowds beginning to wane, fall is an ideal time to experience Bay Harbor Golf Club and neighboring resort, Inn at Bay Harbor. Available select dates between Sept. 4 and Oct. 5, the “Endless Summer Special” begins at $174 / night and includes overnight accommodations, breakfast for two in The Sagamore Room and access to enjoy resort amenities, including golf.
Named a ‘Top Resort’ and ‘Top Spa’ by readers of Conde Nast Traveler, the Inn at Bay Harbor has been a “must experience” destination since opening in 1998. The next chapter in its history began in June when Autograph Collection Hotels, Marriott International’s curated portfolio of properties recognized for celebrating individuality, welcomed it into the collection.
The Inn is one of just 100 Autograph-branded hotels worldwide, each of which has been selected for its memorable guest experience, bold originality, rich character and uncommon details.
To book the Endless Summer Special:http://www.innatbayharbor.com/offers/endless-summer
BOYNE Golf’s three flagship resorts offer experiences to suit players of all ages and abilities.
Inn at Bay Harbor
- Bay Harbor Golf Club
- The Links (9) – Setting on windswept cliffs along coastline evokes game’s ancient roots
- The Preserve (9) – Tree-lined holes dominate before dramatic lakefront finish
- The Quarry (9) – Distinctively nestled in abandoned shale quarry
- Crooked Tree Golf Club (18) – Recently redesigned Nos. 16-18 enhance playability and charm
- The Alpine (18) – Fun and fair; annual host of Michigan PGA Tournament of Champions
- The Monument (18) – Panoramic vistas combine with hole-by-hole tribute to golf history
- Arthur Hills (18) – Tumbling terrain and wide fairways deliver enjoyment for all skill levels
- Donald Ross Memorial (18) – Replicates classic, memorable holes created by namesake
- The Heather (18) – Flawlessly-conditioned Robert Trent Jones design appeals to purists
- The Moor (18) – Traditional layout highlighted by a variety of dogleg holes
More information:www.BOYNEGolf.com, info@BOYNE.com, 844.634.5315
About BOYNE Golf
BOYNE Golf offers the largest collection of courses (10) in the Midwest shared among three resorts in northwest Michigan’s Petoskey area:Boyne Highlands Resort in Harbor Springs, Boyne Mountain Resort in Boyne Falls, and the Inn at Bay Harbor in Bay Harbor. Golfers play up to 72 holes daily thanks to the region’s long daylight hours and ideal temperatures. With courses suited to a wide range of playing abilities, accommodations for every taste and budget, world-class amenities and memorable off-resort attractions, BOYNE is a premier destination for vacationing golfers, families and meeting planners.