“Arccos data tracking and GPS technology is a game changer and ranks right up there with golf’s best technology-forward products,” says Young. “Arccos Driver is effectively a sample size, offering users full shot tracking for tee shots while providing dependable GPS functionality.”
Endorsed by two-time World Long Drive Champion Jamie Sadlowski, Arccos Driver (MSRP: $49.99) delivers real-time data for tee shot distances, fairways hit and more. Additional features include:
- Distance & Accuracy Stats for every drive and round
- Advanced GPS for 35,000+ courses worldwide
- Personalized Challenges based on performance history
- Live Leaderboards for daily, weekly, monthly and customized competitions
- Social Bragging via one-touch posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Precise Shot Detection that distinguishes between real and practice shots
- King of the Hole game turns any par 4 or par 5 into a virtual long drive competition
“SCOREGolf sets the standard for golf magazine journalism in Canada and the staff is renowned for its objectivity,” says Arccos CEO Sal Syed. “Arccos Driver adds a heavy dose of fun and social competition to the statistical analysis that has made our premium, 14-sensor system a global sensation.”
To start playing with the system, users simply attach the ultralight (less than 12g) sensor to the grip end of any driving club and pair it just once to a smartphone using the free Arccos Driver app for iOS or Android. The Arccos Driver sensor uses a standard watch battery (CR2032). This lasts up to 50 rounds, with charge level monitored via a battery indicator within the Arccos app.
Arccos Driver is part of the company’s expanding catalog of offerings and is joined by two 14-sensor platforms, the original flagship Arccos Golf and the new Arccos 360.
Boasting low-profile sensors that are more than 50% smaller and lighter than the original Arccos system, Arccos 360 ($249.99) showcases a powerful new shot detection algorithm that increases accuracy and virtually eliminates the need for editing. It delivers data on distances hit, club averages, driving accuracy, greens in regulation, sand saves, putts and more.
By accessing the Tour Analytics web dashboard, Arccos users and their instructors can gain valuable insights via deep dives into stats, playing patterns and rich data comparison for every club, shot, hole and round.
Developed in conjunction with golf’s most renowned statistician, Peter Sanders, Tour Analytics draws from his work with PGA Tour star Zach Johnson and many others. It breaks down a player’s handicap into five key components – driving, approach, chipping, sand game and putting – helping golfers:
- Understand exactly how each part of their game contributes to scoring
- Compare data in each of the five components with golfers of similar handicaps
- Evaluate patterns across their entire golf history, supporting refinement of on-course tactics
For more information: arccosgolf.com.
About Arccos Golf, LLC
Arccos Golf, LLC provides game-changing connected technology products for golfers. The company aims to revolutionize the golfing experience by integrating GPS shot tracking with a sophisticated platform that generates comparative data which helps golfers truly evaluate their game. Arccos is based in Stamford, CT, and its venture capital funding is provided by LaunchCapital.